Job post: Graphic Designer wanted
–Access Publishing, owner of the Paso Robles Daily News, has an immediate opening for someone skilled in graphic design to work at its Paso Robles office.
The graphic designer’s primary role is to design advertisements and publications, including the Paso Robles Daily News, North County Access, Cambria Phone Book, Heritage Ranch and Oak Shores Directories, San Luis Obispo County Visitor’s Guide, Templeton Community Guide and more.
The full-time position is responsible for juggling multiple projects and meeting each publication’s deadline for final artwork. This position is responsible for making sure designs are approved and up to standard with client’s satisfaction. This role also requires that orders be created with particular client specifications and submitted and billed accordingly.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Experience designing and editing publications
- Experience using WordPress
- Creative design skills
- Design and submit advertising proofs for various publications
- Secure and confirm ad approvals from reps
- Function in a team environment to submit ads and publications on deadline
- Upload and approve publications
- Design business cards, postcards, flyers, and outside advertising
- Photography for clients, websites, and publications
- Correspond with clients regarding specified projects and submit order confirmations
- Design marketing materials for Access Publishing and other in-house products
- Manage several websites and assist in website design
- Perform several online marketing tasks
- Update articles after each product is published
- Create flipbooks and upload to websites