Join the Paso Robles City Library Adult Coloring Club
–Who says coloring is just for children? Coloring is a great way to relax and unwind after a hectic week. The Huffington Post reported five reasons why coloring is good for your health:
- Coloring has a calming effect on our bodies, helping with the symptoms of high blood pressure, stress, anxiety, and PTSD
- Coloring is a way of practicing mindfulness, slowing down your breathing and thinking processes
- Coloring stimulates both hemispheres of the brain, including areas of the brain associated with spirituality and calm
- Coloring brings us back to the simpler time of childhood
- Coloring is restorative, allowing creativity to occur
To explore the health benefits of adult coloring, attend the library’s monthly coloring club and enjoy socializing while you create. No sign ups are necessary, all materials are provided. Feel free to bring personal materials and join in the fun at the library. The next meeting is Thur, Oct 12, 6:00 p.m.– 8:00 p.m. in the library conference room.
The Paso Robles City Library is located at 1000 Spring Street and is open Mon–Fri from 10 a.m.– 8 p.m., and Sat from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. For more information on library programs and events, call (805) 237-3870 or visit the library website.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.