Justin Winery donates $100,000 to local nonprofits
20 North County community organizations receive funding
–Justin Vineyards & Winery has announced $100,000 in awards through the Justin Community Grants program to 20 organizations serving the North San Luis Obispo County region. Justin launched the program in 2016, and since that time has experienced significant interest, receiving applications from 54 organizations this year, a 75-percent increase from the previous cycle.
Justin Community Grants provides funding to projects and services that directly benefit the local community. The 20 recipients selected this year all demonstrate a commitment to strengthening the region through services that include youth programs, social services, and community investments. Applications will be accepted for the next round of grants beginning in January 2019 at this link, and awarded by the second quarter of 2019.
“We are deeply committed to supporting local efforts that are meaningful to our employees and have a significant impact on the well-being of our region,” said Matt Steel, General Manager of Justin Vineyards & Winery. “As this program matures, we appreciate the increasing diversity of organizations that we are able to assist.”
The 20 organizations each receiving a $5,000 grant today are:
- Atascadero Land Preservation Society – Funds equipment that will be used to maintain and improve the Stadium Lane trail in Atascadero.
- Affordable Housing Paso Robles – Assists the YouthWorks program, which provides academic support, job skills training and college prep for at-risk youth.
- CASA San Luis Obispo County – Expands CASA’s ability to train volunteer advocates for foster youth in North County.
- Center for Family Strengthening – Teaches 1st and 2nd grade students how to report abuse and bullying.
- Children’s Resource Network of the Central Coast – Supports the operations of a mobile van that provides clothing and supplies for needy families.
- The Children’s Museum at the Paso Robles Volunteer Firehouse – Funds a new interactive exhibit that teaches STEM principles.
- Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo – Funds an Adult Day Center that provides specialized care for adults with dementia and other mental health conditions.
- Courtney’s House – Supports marketing for the Fig social enterprise restaurant and its mission to teach job skills to adults with developmental disabilities.
- El Camino Homeless Organization – Provides case management services to help the homeless access permanent housing.
- Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County – Provides farmers-market style food distributions, along with healthy recipes.
- Foundation for the Performing Arts Center – Brings North County students to see theater productions and learn about the arts.
- Jack’s Helping Hand – Assists families with children battling cancers and rare diseases.
- One Cool Earth – Provides garden and nutrition education for Atascadero youth.
- Paso Robles Youth Arts Foundation – Provides free after-school art, dance, and theater classes for youth.
- Restorative Partners – Funds playground equipment for a halfway house that serves women reuniting with their children.
- Studios on The Park – Provides arts education for students throughout North County.
- Transitions – Mental Health Association – Supports counseling and therapy services.
- Transitional Food & Shelter – Provides case management to the homeless with severe illnesses.
- Tolosa Children’s Dental Center – Offers free dental services for children, regardless of insurance.
- Upper Salinas Las Tablas Resource Conservation District – Funds irrigation assessments and environmental education for youth.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.