Kukkula Winery introduces new private tour with winemaker
Kukkula Winery of Paso Robles recently debuted a new wine tour for wine lovers looking for more than just a tasting.
The “Experience Kukkula” tour, led by co-owner/winemaker Kevin Jussila, starts with a hike through his hillside vineyard located in the Adelaida District of the westside Paso Robles wine country. Guests can drink in sweeping views of the organically dry-farmed ranch as they hike past the head-pruned syrah, grenache, mourvedre, and counoise vines, as well as a rustic olive orchard.
After working up an appetite, guests arrive at Jussila’s home, where they can enjoy 360-degree views of the property as they feast on a locavore brunch prepared by his wife and co-owner Paula. Here guests can appreciate the winery’s name, as “Kukkula” means “high place” in Jussila’s native Finnish language. After that, they can walk off some calories as they head back to the tasting room, where they can reward themselves with a private wine tasting led by Kevin featuring current estate and allocated wines.
The three-hour wine tour costs just $40 per person and must be reserved in advance – click here. The experience debuts Feb. 18, with upcoming events March 19, May 21, Aug, 20 and Oct. 22. With an elevation change of up to 400 feet along a path just under a mile, guests should be prepared for a little exercise with hiking or running shoes. In the event that the vineyard is too wet from rain, the hike will take place along the 2/3 mile driveway to the residence.
- Known for its Rhone varieties, Kukkula also announced the upcoming events where they’ll be pouring which include:
- Saturday, Feb, 19 – Rhone Rangers Paso Robles Signature Event – Rhone Wine Seminar. Kevin will take part in the seminar, moderated by Elaine Brown.
- Saturday, Feb. 19 – Rhone Rangers Paso Robles Signature Event – Grand Tasting. Immediately following the seminar, Kevin will pour Kukkula wines.
- Saturday, April 8 – Kukkula’s Annual Winemaker Dinner. The event will take place at the winery in West Paso Robles.
- Sunday, April 9 – Kukkula’s Annual Spring Wine Club Pick-Up Party and Winemaker Dinner. The event will take place at the winery in West Paso Robles.
- Friday, May 19 – Paso Robles Wine Festival, Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance’s Reserve Event in the Park. Kevin will pour Kukkula wines from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Kevin will co-host a dinner featuring Kukkula wines with Laurent at Bistro Laurent at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Paso Robles.
- Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10 – Rhone Rangers Weekend Celebration in San Francisco. Kevin will pour wines throughout the day.
- Saturday, Oct. 14 – Kukkula Annual Fall Wine Club Pick-Up Party
- Friday, Oct. 20 – Sunday, Oct. 22 – Harvest Wine Weekend, Paso Robles