Paso Robles News|Thursday, October 19, 2017
You are here: Home » Atascadero » Lightning strikes electrical wiring and sets garage on fire
  • Follow Us!

Lightning strikes electrical wiring and sets garage on fire 

Lighting sets fire to Atascadero garage

Fire was extinguished before reaching main structure

–On Wednesday morning, at approximately 7:23 a.m., Atascadero Fire Department responded to a report of a single family home at 4600 San Vicente in Atascadero that had smoke coming from the garage. Fire Crews made entry into the garage and found a fire burning in the owners stored contents. Crews quickly extinguished the fire before it spread the main structure.

The fire department reports that lightning struck close enough to the property to travel through electrical wiring in the garage.

There is an estimated damage to the property of $3,500, but it is unknown how much structural damage was caused to the electrical wiring from the lightning strike.

No crew or civilians were injured.

 

Subscribe to daily news



Join our 4,475 daily email subscribers



Share this post!Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Comments

About the author: News Staff

News staff of the Paso Robles Daily News wrote and edited this story from local contributors and press releases. Scott Brennan is the publisher of this newspaper and founder of Access Publishing. Connect with him on , Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, or follow his blog. He can be reached at scott@pasoroblesdailynews.com.

One Response to Lightning strikes electrical wiring and sets garage on fire

Add a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.