Local company releases report on summer cooling tips
Atascadero company Cristal Air and Emergency Service air conditioning repair experts released a report this week on ways to keep indoor spaces cool as the temperatures rise.
To view the report, click here or read below:
Cristal Air and Emergency Service Paso Robles air conditioning repair experts share nine ways to keep the home cool this summer:
- Capture that cold air: Keep the home airtight during the day, and then open the windows during the night.
- Air conditioning repair: Make sure that the air conditioning unit is working properly. If the unit is malfunctioning, contact air conditioning repair experts such as Cristal Air.
- Don’t dehumidify: During summer months, try not to run a dehumidifier at the same time as the air conditioner. The air conditioner will have to work harder to cool the air.
- Seal it up: Air leaks are killers when it comes to heating costs in summer months. Check the home’s basements, crawl spaces and attic if there is one.
- Prioritize: Don’t waste money cooling rooms that are not in use.
- Use fans: Installing a ceiling fan, or even using simple table fans can help to reduce cooling cost in summer months.
- Replace bulbs: Energy Star energy-efficient bulbs use on average 70 to 90 percent less heat than traditional bulbs.
- Switch up your sheets: It’s a good idea to have a set of “winter” sheets and “summer” sheets, made out of fabrics like fleece and cotton, respectively.
- Cool off the “old fashioned,” way: A hundred years ago, air conditioning was not invented yet. Instead, folks were left to “old fashioned” cooling tactics such as sipping icy beverages, wearing light and airy clothing, and staying in the shade.
Call Cristal Air and Emergency Service Paso Robles air conditioning repair experts today at (805) 466-8444.
Cristal Air & Emergency Service
2740 El Camino Real
Atascadero, CA 93422