Main Street awards winning scarecrows
The Paso Robles Downtown Main Street Association announced the winners of its Halloween scarecrow and window decorating contest.
For the past few weeks, downtown Paso Robles was overrun by scarecrows decorated by local schoolchildren. Local merchants “adopted” unique creations of scarecrows decorated by classrooms and invited community members and visitors to stop by the businesses scarecrows and cast a vote for their favorite by Tuesday morning, Oct. 29. The winning classrooms earned awards, while select voters won mystery prizes at stores where their ballots were cast.
“Parents, teachers and especially the students enjoy seeing their creativity displayed downtown and the merchants enjoy sponsoring the annual contest,” the association said in a statement. Ballots were counted and the winners awarded on Thursday, Oct. 31.
- Sweepstakes: Vic’s Café with 378 votes – by Mrs. Chamberlain’s preschool at St. Rose School.
- First Place: Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory with 360 votes by Mrs. Jennifer Reynolds’ 2nd Grade class at Trinity Lutheran School.
- Second Place: Gold Stone Creamery with 324 votes by Miss Mockler’s Kindergarten at Trinity Lutheran School.
- Third Place: Siegel’s Jewelry with 116 votes by Ms. Ray’s K-8th Grade Students Boys & Girls Club.
- Honorary Mention: Sole Tree with 106 votes by Nancy Scott’s Kindergarten class at Bauer Speck School.
- Special Award: Pan Jewelers with 106 votes by Ms. Haggmark’s 2nd/3rd grade class at Pleasant Valley School.
Winning merchant windows
- Sweepstakes: Sole Tree
- First Place: Firefly
- Second Place: Vic’s Café
- Third Place: Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
For more information, call or visit the Downtown Paso Robles Main Street Association office at 835 12th Street, Suite D; (805) 238-4103.