Man on felony probation arrested after vehicle search
Search yielded unserialized handgun, one ounce of suspected methamphetamine
-Last Thursday, a Paso Robles Police Department officer initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by Brandon Michael Loewen. Loewen was the only occupant of the vehicle and was found to be on felony probation with search terms.
During a search of Loewen’s vehicle, an officer located a loaded, 80-percent manufactured, unserialized Glock style handgun. The officer continued searching the vehicle and located a digital scale and approximately 1 ounce of suspected methamphetamine under the gear shifting dial.
Loewen was placed under arrest and booked at the San Luis Obispo County Jail on charges of:
- Felon in possession of a firearm.
- Possession of a loaded firearm with intent to commit a felony.
- Possession of an unregistered firearm.
- Possession of a controlled substance for sale.
- Transportation of a controlled substance for sale.
- Possession of a controlled substance while armed with a firearm.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Violation of Post Release Community Supervision
PRPD posted about the incident on their Facebook page: