Mayor visits Pioneer Museum
–The year-long Mayor’s Museum Tour continued on Wednesday, Feb. 10, as Paso Robles Mayor Steve Martin visited the Pioneer Museum on Riverside Avenue in Paso Robles. The highlight of the tour was the introduction of the museum team working on a scale model of a portion of the front of the original Paso Robles Inn, which was destroyed by fire in 1940. The 1/3 scale reproduction will be installed on the back wall of the museum and will give visitors a real-world representation of what the stately building was like.
“This is an amazing project,” said Mayor Martin. “For many years all we’ve had to remind us of the original Paso Robles Inn were old photos. This will bring history into the present and revive one of the iconic structures of Paso Robles.”
The mayor has urged his fellow mayors in North County to take the tours along with him when he visits Atascadero, Cambria and other North County cities and towns. He began these tours with a visit to the Camp Roberts Historical Museum in January. Participating organizations include the Paso Robles Pioneer Museum, the Paso Robles Historical Society in the Carnegie Library, the Camp Roberts Historical Museum, the Colony House Museum in Atascadero, the Santa Margarita Historical Society, the Templeton Historical Society and Museum, the Cayucos Historical Society, the Rios-Caledonia Adobe in San Miguel, the Mission San Miguel de Archangel, the Estrella Warbird Museum and the Cambria Historical Society and Museum.
Admission to most of the museums is free. More information on each can be found on the NCHC web site, www.nslohistory.org.
The next tour will be hosted by the Templeton Historical Society on Wednesday, March 9, 10 a.m.
Tentative Schedule of Tour Dates:
- Templeton Historical Society Wednesday, March 09, 2016
- Estrella Warbirds Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- Paso Robles Historical Society Wednesday, May 11, 2016
- Mission San Miguel Wednesday, June 08, 2016
- Atascadero Historical Society Wednesday, July 13, 2016
- Cambria Historical Society Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2016
- Santa Margarita Historical Society Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016
- Rios-Caledonia Adobe Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2016
- Cayucos Historical Society Wednesday, Nov. 09, 2016
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.