Mid-State Fair announced carcass class awards
Mid-State Fair on Monday announced carcass class award winners. The 2016 Carcass Class Dinner and Awards were held Thursday at the Paso Robles Event Center. All market steers entered into the 2016 fair were eligible for competition, with carcasses being graded at harvest facilities by USDA graders. To be eligible for carcass awards, all carcasses must have graded USDA Select+ or higher.
2016 Carcass Class Dinner and Awards – top 10 award recipients
Exhibitor | Chapter/Club | Breeder | Award | Premium
- Jesslyn Blank, Templeton FFA, Jesslyn Blank, 1st Place / Gold Seal, $785
- Jess Wilson, Parkfield 4-H, Cory Reid, 2nd Place, $730
- Trevor Straeck, Atascadero FFA, Hyder Cattle, 3rd Place, $680
- Camryn Roth, Templeton FFA, Cal Cherry, 4th Place / Gold Seal, $630
- Tabitha Vander Horst, Edna 4-H, Colburn Cattle Co, 5th Place / 4-H CH X-Bred, $580
- Katie Taylor, Templeton 4-H, Joe Simonin, 6th Place / C of M, $525
- Sarah Sandoval, Morro Bay 4-H, Rocking D-C Ranch, 7th Place, $475
- Mattie Lindsey, Templeton 4-H, John Whitson, 8th Place / Gold Seal, $425
- Casey Nauta, Atascadero FFA, Greg Nauta, 9th Place / C of M, $375
- Jake Walker, San Luis Obispo FFA, Silva Cattle, 10th Place / C of M $325
This year’s Carcass Sponsors included Atascadero Trail Riders, Cagliero Ranches, Ray Dauth, Estrella Ranch, Farm Supply, H&H Plumbing, JB Dewar, Jr. Livestock Support Club, Mark Switzer Excavation, Paso Robles Waste, San Miguel Flouring, Jim & Debbie Saunders, Simonin Livestock, SLO Cattlemen’s Association, Specialty Silicone Fabricators and Visalia Livestock Market.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.