Mid-State Fair announces 2017 4-H and FFA clubs carcass class winners
–The California Mid-State Fair 2017 Carcass Class Dinner and Awards were held Thurs, Sept 7 at the Paso Robles Event Center. All market steers entered into the 2017 Fair were eligible for competition, with carcasses being graded at harvest facilities by USDA graders. To be eligible for carcass awards, all carcasses must have graded USDA “Select+” or higher.
There are seventy-eight award winners from 4-H and FFA clubs on the Central Coast and other regions of California. The top ten winners are:
- First place: Mallory Seifert, Templeton FFA
- Second place: Harrison Orradre, King City Rural 4-H
- Third place: Sarahi Beltran, Morro Bay FFA
- Fourth place: Hayden Taylor, Pozo 4-H
- Fifth place: Leo Kemp, Creston 4-H
- Sixth place: Casey Nauta, Atascadero 4-H
- Seventh place: Mattie Lindsey, Templeton 4-H
- Eighth place: Tabitha VanderHorst, Edna 4-H
- Ninth place: Tyler Cassara, Santa Lucia 4-H
- Tenth place: Elizabeth Loewen, Paso Robles FFA
The carcass sponsors were: Atascadero Trail Riders, Mark Clement, Ray and Jody Dauth, Farm Supply, H&H Plumbing, Hugh Pitts, JB Dewar, Jr. Livestock Support Club, Lube and Go, Mark Switzer Excavation, San Miguel Flouring Mill, Jim & Debbie Saunders, Simonin Livestock, San Luis Obispo Cattlemen’s Association, San Luis Obispo CattleWomen, Visalia Livestock, and Western Janitor Supply.