North County sees cool, wet weather
–North County has seen a dramatic temperature drop in the last week, as well as some wet weather to usher in November. Paso Robles recorded .42 inches of rain on Nov. 3, making the cumulative rain this season 3.36 inches, according to city rainfall records.
The city recorded a total of 9.5 inches of rain last year. The average amount of rain per season in Paso Robles is 14.71 inches. The recorded season runs from July to June. To view up-to-date rain totals, click here.
Overnight temperatures will dip to the upper 30’s in the coming week, with daytime temperatures reaching the upper 60’s and lower 70’s. There is currently a 25-percent chance of rain again on Sunday, Nov. 8 and a 55-percent chance on Monday, according to Accu Weather. Frost advisories may take effect in the early morning hours.
City issues storm warnings, information about preparation
–Rainfall amounts from anticipated winter storms could be significant, which may potentially cause local flooding, the City of Paso Robles warns. City staff has taken preemptive measures to mitigate and/or reduce the flooding potential where possible (i.e., drain cleaning, etc.).
For anyone who may wish to make sand bags to protect private property, the city has sand available at the city streets yard located at 1220 Paso Robles Street. Please make sure to bring a shovel.
Empty sand bags are available for purchase at the following locations:
• American Builders Supply 1108 Paso Robles St. (805) 239-4317
• Lowe’s 2445 Golden Hill Road (805) 602-9051
• Blake’s Hardware 1701 Riverside Avenue (805) 238-3934
• OSH (Orchard) 2505 Theatre Drive (805) 226-0604
• Farm Supply 2450 Ramada Drive (805) 238-1177
Important Emergency Contact Information:
• Emergencies Paso Robles Police Department 911 or (805) 237-6464
• Electrical/Power PG&E 1-800-743-5002
• Storm/Street/Drainage Questions Department of Public Works (805) 237-3861
For further information contact: City of Paso Robles Public Works Department.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.