Paderewski Festival announces Youth Competition winners
–The Paderewski Festival has announced the winners of the youth piano competition.
- First Place: Suri Kim (11), a sixth-grader from Ralph Dunlap Elementary School in Orcutt, who studies piano with Dr. Lynne Garrett.
- Second Place: Andy Shen (13), an eighth-grader from Laguna Middle School in San Luis Obispo, who studies piano with Professor Alan Boehmer.
- Third Place: Noelle Hadsall (10), a fifth-grader from the Mountainview School in Santa Barbara, who studies piano with Professor Pascal Salomon.
- Paderewski Legacy Award: Colin Foster (11), a sixth-grader from Christ Classical School in San Luis Obispo, who studies piano with Dr. Lynne Garrett.
- The winner in the Senior Division is Isabella Osgood (16), an eleventh-grader from San Luis Obispo High School, who studies piano with Dr. Lynne Garrett.
Youth Competition winners will present a recital at the historic Ballroom of the Paso Robles Inn on Saturday, November 2 at 4 p.m. The repertoire will include works by Johann Sebastian Bach, Mili Balakirev, Frederic Chopin, Joseph Haydn, Edward McDowell, and Maurice Ravel.
Admission to this concert is free and open to the public. Reserve your free tickets in advance by clicking here.
This year’s Youth Competition finalists, as well as next year’s Competition winners, will be eligible to participate in a Cultural Exchange Program in Poland in 2021, sponsored by the Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles and its local partners in Poland.
Admission to the 2019 Paderewski Festival concerts ranges from free for children under 18 to $20-40 for general admission with discounts for seniors over 60 and wine industry, and $5 for students 18 and over with ID. Friends of Paderewski passes are $250; Paderewski Patron passes $500. Top-tiered tickets include preferred seating at all events and other special benefits.