Paderewski Festival begins this Thursday
– The 2015 Paderewski Festival in Paso Robles will celebrate the legacy of former Paso Robles resident, Ignacy Jan Paderewski – virtuoso pianist, composer, international politician, local landowner, grower and winemaker – with four days of concerts and special events featuring internationally-renowned performers and young pianists from California’s Central Coast. The festival will also present a piano master class, film screening, lecture on Paderewski, and numerous opportunities for wine tasting. The festival will be held in several venues throughout Paso Robles, California, from Nov. 5-8.
Admission ranges from free to $30; Friends of Paderewski Festival Passes with preferred seating at all events are $200. Tickets may be purchased online at www.paderewskifest.com or by calling (805) 235-5409.
Schedule of events:
Thursday, Nov. 5:
• 7 p.m. – Concert with the City of Angels Saxophone Quartet celebrating the history of the saxophone – ( 6:30 p.m. no host wine reception) at Cass Winery. Tickets are $30 General Admission/ $20 Seniors and wine industry. Free to youth under 18. $25 – optional gourmet buffet dinner with Cass wine prior to the concert.
Friday, Nov. 6:
• 2 p.m. – Master class with pianist Thomas Pandolfi (free) Park Ballroom.
• 7 p.m. – Wine reception and concert with Motion Trio Ensemble, featuring works by Lutoslawski, Gorecki, Lilar and others. Park Ballroom. Tickets: $30 General Admission/ $20 Seniors and wine industry. Free for youth under 18.
Saturday, Nov. 7:
• 10 a.m. – Screening of “Please Find – Henryk Gorecki,” an exploration of this enigmatic composer and his unexpected worldwide fame (free) Park Cinemas.
• 4 p.m. – 2015 Youth Piano Competition Winners Recital (free). Paso Robles Inn Ballroom.
• 7:30 p.m. – Gala Concert with pianist Thomas Pandolfi, featuring works by Chopin, Paderewski and Gershwin. Wine reception by Epoch Estate Wines. Paso Robles Inn Ballroom. Tickets: $30 General Admission/ $20 Seniors and wine industry. Free for youth under 18.
Sunday, Nov. 8:
• 12 p.m. – Recital of 2015 Exchange Program participants Daniel Ha and Kannan Freyaldenhoven, Paderewski Lecture Series: Paderewski’s Influence on Paso Robles and history of the festival – Marek Zebrowski & Joel Peterson (free). Cass Winery.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.