Paso Artsfest calling for artists
Deadline to apply is Dec. 31
–Artists are invited to apply for the eighth annual Paso Artsfest, a program of Studios on the Park. Held on Saturday, May 28, in downtown Paso Robles, the festival affords more than 8,000 visitors the opportunity to view and purchase the works of visual artists and experience a celebration of the arts.
Art sales and attendance increased in 2015 and both of these figures are expected to grow with event proceeds benefiting Studios on the Park’s essential arts services for children and the community, according to the organization.
How to participate
Step one: Submit an application
A complete application should include:
- Contact information
- Artistic medium (Make separate applications for each medium)
- Artist statement (Exhibition history and/or training along with a brief statement describing medium and process)
- Images of current work: CD with six sample images or a link to a website:
- CDs – Artists without a website should submit a CD with 6 images in JPEG format and no more than 250kb in size to Paso Artsfest – Studios on the Park, PO Box 3000, Paso Robles, CA 93447. Please note: Submission materials will not be returned without a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Website – Please provide the exact link to a website with quality images of your work. No blogs and no general Facebook pages. Specific albums on Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and Shutterfly are encouraged but no passwords can be required. All images must have dimensions and complete media descriptions.
Step 2: selection and jurying
The outdoor fine art show and sale is juried. The jury selects participants from submitted applications. These artist selections are based on artistic conception, originality, and quality of workmanship. Notifications will be sent via email by no later than Jan. 31, 2016. Selected artists will be contacted with maps, contracts, etc.
The festival will provide every artist with one 10′ by 10′ white canopy tent, three professional exhibit walls (38″ wide by 7′ tall) with hanging supplies, signage, and sales forms. There 50 canopies available. $160 canopy fee for individuals. $225 canopy fee for groups/galleries plus $35 per individual. Artist will pay 25-percent commission to Studios on The Park.