Paso Robles Bathroom Remodeling Contractor Releases Tips To Help Homeowners Choose New Bathroom Fixtures
–It doesn’t make sense to remodel a bathroom without replacing fixtures but choosing a new sink, tub, shower, toilet, and everything else that goes with these can be overwhelming. Frank Cuesta, the Paso Robles bathroom remodeling expert at Central Pacific Construction has some tips to help make it a little easier to decide.
Sometimes, the budget means that the old bathtub or shower might have to stay, but there are still ways to dress them up so they look good in the new, remodeled bathroom.
The first thing to do, even before the plans are drawn up, is to make a list of everything that you want to replace, including mirrors and vanities. Once that list is done, start looking at styles and prices. The reason for deciding before the plans are prepared is to make sure that there is space for the new fixtures.
Include everything, even if the original intent is to not replace something. A thorough list opens up options that may not have been apparent in the beginning. Include the following:
- A new bathtub, including the best faucet and shower head for the style you choose.
- A new shower, including the best type of showerheads, shower doors, and maybe even seating.
- New sinks and the best fixtures for the styles.
- New toilet, include water-saving features and whether to install a bidet or a bidet seat.
- Include new mirrors and vanities.
- Don’t forget the lighting.
Resources include the Internet, local suppliers, and a variety of interior design and home fashion magazines. A trip to the local public library is worth the time. Browsing the magazines is free and you can collect the web addresses of the manufacturers. In some cases manufacturers provide catalogs.
Choose two or three different styles for each item then do some research to find the best prices. Take pictures of your choices to the contractor along with the plans. Be open to suggestions. An experienced bathroom remodeling contractor is going to have some questions and suggestions to help your final decision, such as:
- Are the styles you want available in the colors or patterns you want?
- Are you going to be happy with the styles for years to come?
- Do the plans need any modification?
- Suggestions for less costly styles. Bathtubs, for example, can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands. Within this price range are several very similar styles at the lower end of the cost range. Be open to suggestions based on the experience of the contractor.
- Who is ordering the fixtures? Contractors sometimes get a better price. Plus, the timing of the order is important and the contractor has a better sense of when the items need to arrive.
Central Pacific Construction
3200 Riverside Avenue, Suite 120
Paso Robles, CA 93446
This press release is by Paso Robles SEO and marketing company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.