Paso Robles Chamber finds summer jobs for 80 students
The Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce, working with Paso Robles High School, concluded the “Just 1 Program” with a lively summer-job fair held at the high school on Wednesday, May 27. More than 30 local businesses signed up to interview high school juniors and seniors for summer jobs in a variety of industries.
“Great event – we made some great contacts and are following up with several students,” said general manager at Pasolivo Olive Oil Hillary Trout. Depending on a student’s interests and what they’re learning in their PRHS courses, they could explore:
• Jobs in technology (CADScan Connection and Arkitek Scientific)
• Finance/insurance (Framework Financial, Ted Hamm Insurance, etc.)
• Hospitality (La Quinta Inn & Suites, The Oaks Hotel, Paso Robles Inn, Firestone Walker Pub Room)
• Automotive (Mobile Oil Changers)
• Recreation (Ravine Water Park, Hunter Ranch Golf Course)
• Dentistry (Tolosa Children’s Dental Center)
• Retail (Idlers, etc.)
• General services (All About Events, Central Coast Party Helpers, Safeguard Print & Promo, etc.)
Paso Robles High School Principal Randall Nelson said, “Thank you for bringing the wonderful opportunity to PRHS students! It was great to see nearly eighty students participate in the event.” In advance of the job fair, students were provided with sample no-previous-work-experience resumes and a list of questions that an employer could ask. Businesses were prepped in advance with a packet that included child labor laws, interviewing tactics, and interview tracking forms.
For more information, contact Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Director Pam Avila at (805) 227-2870 or email@example.com.