Paso Robles News|Tuesday, April 16, 2024
You are here: Home » Politics » Paso Robles Planning Commission seeking new commissioners
  • Follow Us!

Paso Robles Planning Commission seeking new commissioners 

City Council meeting highlights–The City of Paso Robles is now accepting applications for appointment to the Paso Robles Planning Commission. Appointments will be for 3-year terms expiring Feb. 28, 2024. Commissioners can expect to dedicate 15 – 20 hours each month to meetings, subcommittee meetings, and meeting preparation.

The planning commission prepares recommendations to the Paso Robles City Council regarding the city’s General Plan and Zoning Ordinance. The commission also performs duties related to the approval/denial of development applications including conditional use permits, development plans, tentative maps, and environmental reviews (CEQA).

Applicants are encouraged to review the Planning Commission Handbook for a complete overview of the planning commission’s responsibilities:

The planning commission consists of seven members appointed by the city council. Commission applicants must be either a qualified elector (resident of the city of Paso Robles) or have a vested interest in the city.

The commission meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Center. Subcommittee meetings are scheduled at the convenience of the commission members. All commissioners must participate in a rotational assignment (3 months annually) to the development review committee which meets each Monday at 3:30 p.m.

Applicants are advised that all commissioners are required to file annual statements of economic interests (financial disclosure statements) and, under certain circumstances, there are restrictions on the actions of planning commissioners.

Applications may be obtained at City Hall, 1000 Spring Street or downloaded from the city website at: or type “advisory application” in the site search box on the city website.

Applications are due by Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, at 5 p.m. at Paso Robles City Hall, 1000 Spring Street in Paso Robles.

Advisory body applications can be emailed to, mailed via USPS, or dropped in the dropbox in the lobby of city hall. They must be received by the deadline.

To be considered for an appointment, your application must be received by the due date. For more information, please contact the Community Development Department at (805) 237-3970 or via email at or the deputy city clerk at (805) 237-3960.

Share To Social Media


About the author: News Staff

The news staff of the Paso Robles Daily News wrote or edited this story from local contributors and press releases. The news staff can be reached at