Police department traffic safety program restored
–On October 6, 2015, the Paso Robles City Council made the decision to hire an additional police officer position to re-establish the city’s traffic safety program that was lost during the, “Great Recession.” Police Chief Robert Burton has reported that the department has selected Officer Adam Ketchum as the new traffic officer. His assignment started the first week of January and he has already made a significant impact in educating the motoring public and enforcing violations.
Ketchum will now focus solely on traffic-related issues and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Perform directed traffic enforcement based on collision data and community complaints
- Investigate injury and fatal traffic accidents
- Apply for and administer traffic safety grants
In addition, the city anticipates Ketchum’s assignment will:
- Reduce traffic complaints from the community
- Control the rise in posted roadway speed limits (i.e. Traffic Survey Results)
- Allow analysis of accident prone locations
- Decrease injury and fatal traffic collisions
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.