Project to improve highway 101 in San Miguel progresses
– A project to improve eight miles in both directions of US Highway 101 from San Miguel to Camp Roberts in Monterey County will continue on Monday, Feb. 5 with construction/ramp closures taking place in the following locations:
- A traffic switch will occur beginning Feb. 5 to allow for the widening of the outside northbound and southbound 10th Street bridges and for reconstruction of the northbound
No. 2 (right) lane of US 101 between South Mission Street and 10th Street. This roadwork will result in the closure of the northbound off-ramp at 10th Street.
- Motorists may detour by exiting at S. Mission Street, turn left at Monterey Rd, left at San Luis Obispo Road, and proceed to 10th Street or exit at South Mission Street before turning left at 10th Street.
- The 10th Street northbound on-ramp/southbound off-ramp will be closed beginning Feb. 19 through mid-March. Motorists traveling in each direction may use the North Mission Street on/off ramps during this closure.
- A 24/7 closure of the southbound on-ramp at South Mission Street will continue until late summer of 2018 for construction of the new US 101 San Marcos Creek Overcrossing, a realignment of the highway and the construction of the new southbound on-ramp. Motorists may detour by using 10th Street to Cemetery Road to the US 101 southbound on-ramp near the south end of Cemetery Road.
This project includes a realignment of US 101 to accommodate a new right side southbound on-ramp at South Mission Street, paving US 101 and nearby ramps and lowering the profile of US 101 at Camp Roberts to achieve a minimum bridge clearance height. Drainage systems, guardrail and lighting will also be improved within this corridor.
The contractor for this $53 million project is Security Paving of Sylmar, CA. It is scheduled to be complete in mid-2019. The public may learn more about this project at the Caltrans District 5 Projects page: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/projects/sanmiguel_rehab/index.htm
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.