Proposed textbooks to be on display now until Aug. 10
– The public is invited review local school textbooks prior to being adopted by the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District Board of Trustees. The district is conducting a public display of textbooks slated for adoption on August 11, 2015.
Textbooks on display for grades 9-12 Career Technical Education Courses include:
- Leadership Personal Development and Career Success, 3rd Edition, Cengage Learning, 2011
- Modern Livestock & Poultry Production, 9th Edition, Cengage Learning, 2016
- Health Care Science Technology: Career Foundations, McGraw Hill, 2013
- Tractors, 5th Edition, John Deere Publications, 2014
- Machinery Management, 6th Edition, John Deere Publications, 2008
- Preventative Maintenance, 71h Edition, John Deere Publications, 2014
- Introduction to Crop Production, 1st Edition, John Deere Publications, 2014
- Print Reading for Construction, 61h Edition, Goodheart Wilcox, 2013
Also on display is a textbook for Advance Placement (AP) Psychology: Myers’ Psychology for AP, Worth Publishing, 2014.
The public is invited to view these textbooks prior to adoption by the Paso Robles Board of Trustees. The display will run from July 28 through August 10, at the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District Office located at 800 Niblick Road, Paso Robles.
Materials are available for preview Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. All public parties interested in viewing the display must check in at the front desk prior to viewing the materials. Public input is welcome. Public comments are due by 4 p.m., Monday, August 10. The Board of Trustees will be presented these textbooks and recommendations at the regular meeting on August 11.