Public invited to view curriculum before school board approval
Public display will be held from June 13 – June 24
–The Paso Robles Joint Unified School District is conducting a public display of Career Technical Education materials for grades 9-12. The public display will be held from June 13 – June 24 from 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the lobby of the district office located at 800 Niblick Road. The purpose of the public display is to provide the community the opportunity to give input on the recommended materials before submission to the PRJUSD Board of Trustees for adoption.
Below is a list of the materials up for adoption:
- The Science of Agriculture: a Biological Approach. The text contains current information on animal cloning, food safety and nutrition, GMOs, soil classification, and organic food production and labeling.
- Environmental Science: Fundamentals and Applications. The text provides practical instruction in the sciences that address principles related to the environment. Chapters include topics such as natural resource management, fish and wildlife management, aquaculture, soil science and forestry. It addresses basic principles of science as they relate to outdoor environments, providing numerous examples of applications of science to environmental problems. The textbook is illustrated with many colored photos, sketches, diagrams, and tables. Chapters include objectives, evaluation materials, suggested class activities, and key terms. In addition, Internet key words are provided throughout the text to guide in-depth Internet study.
- Soil Science and Management. The text is a non-technical, reader-friendly book that details all aspects of effective soil usage, including management techniques, composition, fertility, erosion, conservation, and irrigation. These topics are integrated into a practical guide to help readers better understand and manage soil as a natural resource. This edition highlights horticultural uses of soil as well as the latest green methodologies in both agricultural and horticultural practice. New content reflects the most recent science and environmental issues related to soil use, conservation, and sustainability.
- Energy and Agriculture: Science, Environment & Solutions. A science textbook that is designed to introduce students to the role that agriculture can play in helping to satisfy the world’s energy demands. The use of agriculturally based fuel systems, also known as biofuels, as a means to supply energy to our technological society, provides environmentally safe, renewable energy options for all aspects of life, including industry, transportation, and electrical power generation.
- Exploring Animal Science. The text contains comprehensive content by including often-neglected subjects such as animal selection and fitting and showing, as well as chapters on companion and exotic animals that provide valuable information for those without access to livestock.
- An Illustrated Guide to Veterinary Medical Terminology. This text is a user-friendly book. Focusing on how medical terms are formed, analyzed, and defined, the book discusses anatomical landmarks, the positioning of animals, and the relationships between body parts. It also introduces terms used in the animal industry.
- Merck Veterinary Manual. This text contains a comprehensive discussion of diseases and disorders affecting all common domestic animals.
- Animal Science Biology & Technology. A book designed for students studying animal science that will take readers from the basics of physiology through production and on to evaluation, while delivering a contemporary industry overview. You will find the opportunities for experiential learning found throughout this book will be especially helpful in planning supervised agricultural experience projects and FFA career development events. In addition, the career focus sections present opportunities in a story format that will pique students’ interest and the accompanying laboratory manual and student activities will provide hands-on engagement.
- Veterinary Office Practices. This text outlines very specifically what the reader should say, how to act, and what to do in unfamiliar and often sensitive situations in a veterinary assistant’s workday (such as euthanizing an animal), making the text a practical resource for the beginner.
- Microsoft Office 2013 Introductory. This text provides a step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach presents students with explanatory and navigational information when they need to know it, and addresses all learning styles to help students retain and apply skills in their personal and professional lives.
- HTML5 and CSS Comprehensive. This text contains lessons to reflect the learning styles of today’s students. Within this text are features that are specifically designed to engage students, improve retention, and prepare them for future success.
- IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide. This guide supports the Cisco Networking Academy IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software version 5 course. The course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy students who want to pursue careers in IT and learn how computers work, how to assemble computers, and how to safely and securely troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Blown to Bits. This text explores all the nooks and crannies of the digital universe, exploring not only how this exploding space works but also what it means.
- Java Software Solutions, 8th ed. This text teaches a foundation of programming techniques to foster well-designed object-oriented software. Heralded for its integration of small and large realistic examples, this worldwide best-selling text emphasizes building solid problem-solving and design skills to write high-quality programs.
- 98-367: MTA Security Fundamentals. This book helps instructors teach and validate fundamental technology concepts and provides students with a foundation for their careers as well as the confidence they need to succeed in advanced studies. Vital fundamentals of security are included such as understanding security layers, authentication, authorization, and accounting. They will also become familiar with security policies, network security and protecting the Server and Client.
For more information, please contact the district Supervisor of Instruction & Curriculum, Dana Budd, at (805) 769-1000 or email@example.com.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.