Rhone Rangers Experience Feb. 16
The Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invites Rhone wine lovers to come together for the 2014 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience. Spend the day in the beautiful Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as they demonstrate what makes Paso Robles an ideal place for these wonderful grapes and wines.
This fun-filled day is full of fascinating information about all things Rhone and will include a “Rhone Essentials” seminar, a Vintner’s Lunch, silent auction and best of all, a Grand Tasting of nearly 150 wines. Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $85 per person, and seminar/lunch attendees will receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are $25 per person. For more information, visit www.rhonerangers.org.
The Rhone Rangers Experience is Feb. 16, 2014 at Broken Earth Winery on Highway 46 in Paso Robles from 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Rhone Rangers Experience events include:
“Rhone Essentials” Seminar
Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area’s reputation as California’s “Rhone Zone”. The seminar panel will be moderated by Master Sommelier Evan Goldstein, prolific author of, among others, Perfect Pairings and Daring Pairings. The wines and panelists representing the major categories on the panel will be:
- Grenache Blanc: Tablas Creek Vineyard 2012 Grenache Blanc (Jason Haas, Partner and General Manager)
- Viognier: Pomar Junction 2012 Viognier (Matt Merrill, General Manager)
- White Rhone Blend: Adelaida Cellars 2012 “Version White Reserve” Roussanne/Grenache Blanc/Picpoul Blanc (Jeremy Weintraub, Winemaker)
- Dry Rose: Proulx 2012 Grenache Rosé (Kevin Riley, Proprietor)
- Grenache: Broken Earth Winery 2012 Grenache (Chris Cameron, Winemaker)
- Mourvedre: Cypher Winery 2011 Mourvedre “El Pelon” (Christian Tietje, Winemaker)
- Syrah: Eberle Winery 2012 Syrah, Steinbeck Vineyard (Gary Eberle, Proprietor)
- Petite Sirah: Zenaida Cellars 2011 Petite Sirah (Eric Ogorsolka, Proprietor)
- Red Rhone Blend: Anglim Winery 2011 “Best Barrel Blend” Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre (Steve Anglim, Proprietor)
Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch from local Chef Jeffery Scott [see the menu] with members’ Rhone wines passing freely around the tables and extended opportunity for interaction with the producers.
Grand Tasting & Silent Auction
Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day’s events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 tickets sold. The seminar and lunch has sold out at least six weeks before the event each of the past four years. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.