RISE seeking holiday donations from community
–Local nonprofit RISE (Respect Inspire Support Inspire) works to support victims of intimate partner violence and sexual assault, as well as their families. This holiday season they are asking the community for help with donations to help ensure victims and their families to have a safe and joyful holiday season.
This year, RISE is featuring a Giving Tree in the lobby of the Paso Robles office, where you can adopt a family in need starting Dec. 1. “We are very grateful to the community for their generous support of RISE clients year round,” said
Executive Director Jennifer Adams said, “This time of year is hard for many families, particular those with children who have recently left an abusive household. We’re thankful that we can help provide them with gifts, food and support throughout their holiday events.”
RISE is accepting new items:
- Toys (for boys and girls, all ages): non-violent, please
- Gift cards (Target, Walmart, Food 4 Less, Albertsons, Kohl’s, etc.)
- Gift cards for activities (ice cream, bowling, the movies, pizza, etc.)
- Gas cards
- “Self-care” gift certificates (hair salon, nail salon, massage, etc.)
- Winter clothing (for adults and children, all ages/sizes)
- Warm socks
- Jackets, sweaters, and coats
- Beanies/warm hats
- Beauty gift sets (lotions, perfume, soaps, scrubs, makeup, etc.)
- Cologne gift sets (for teen boys)
- Stockings (for adults and children)
- Misc. gift ideas: coffee maker, travel coffee mug, planner, hair dryer, hair straightener, jewelry, holiday craft and food-making kits
For more information call the RISE office at (805) 226-5400 or by visiting the Paso Robles office located at 1030 Vine Street. Donations are tax-deductible.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.