San Miguel seeks community’s help on history project
– San Miguel Resource Connection is moving forward with a local history project and is requesting the community’s assistance.
The group is planning to record interviews with some of the oldest members of second, third or more generations of San Miguel families.
“If you are one of those generations and would be willing to share your stories about San Miguel or ‘growing up in San Miguel,’ please contact us,” reads the organization’s website. “Of course, we are continuing to collect old photos of San Miguel and its people, so if you have any you are willing to share, please contact us. Also, if you have old artifacts from San Miguel and would be willing to part with them to donate to the History Project, please contact us.”
The resource connection is requesting help for the following jobs:
- Conducting interviews
- Using the recorded interview to transfer to typed computer document of the interview
- Assisting with document filing
- Proofreading documents
- Pulling specific information from history books and filing in appropriate files
- Researching at the Carnegie Library and/ or the Pioneer Museum for San Miguel information and making arrangements to copy
- Writing and sending us a story about a family’s history in San Miguel or experiences in San Miguel
- Any other special skills or interests that might help
Community members with old photos or information about San Miguel’s past that they would be willing to share are encouraged to contact the resource connection. Send any information or photos to: 2011SMRC@gmail.com.