Update: Weapon, drug charges filed against gym owner in hidden camera case
Update posted Sept. 15, 2023:
– On Wednesday, detectives from the San Luis Obispo Police Department served a search warrant at a home in the 2000 block of Bayview in Morro Bay. The search warrant was obtained as part of the investigation into the video camera found in the bathroom of CCC Fitness in late August.
- PC 29800(a)(1) – Felon in Possession of Firearm – Felony
- PC 30305(a)(1) – Felon in Possession of Ammunition – Felony
- PC 24610 – Possession of Undetectable Firearm (Ghost Gun) – Misdemeanor
- HS 11377(a)(1) – Possession of Controlled Substance – Misdemeanor
Original article posted Aug. 30, 2023:
SLO Police investigating report of hidden camera in gym restroom
– The San Luis Obispo Police Department is actively investigating a reported hidden camera reportedly found in a restroom of a gym at 81 Higuera Street in San Luis Obispo, according to a recent Facebook post by the department.
Citizens are asked to contact Sgt. Kemp at (805) 783-7765 if they have information to provide related to this investigation. No further information is available at this time.