Solvang Car Insurance Agent, Rick Torres, Reports The Benefits of Personal Injury Coverage
–In today’s economy, families are continually seeking ways to reduce expenses and save. “Reducing insurance expenses is not necessarily the best way to save,” said Solvang car insurance agent, Rick Torres.
“In fact,” continues Torres, “personal injury insurance can be to a family’s benefit if a primary wage-earner is injured in a car accident.” It is true that medical insurance will cover medical expenses up to the allowable limits if the insured is injured in an automobile accident. The added benefit of Personal Injury Policy (PIP), sometimes called medical payment insurance, is that PIP also covers lost wages and rehabilitation expenses.
Medical payment, or PIP, coverage is optional in California, but just because a driver has medical insurance, it doesn’t mean that insurance is going to cover all of the expenses related to a traffic accident. These expenses can include deductibles, dental procedures, lost wages, rehabilitation, and even funeral bills. Personal injury coverage might also cover passengers or pedestrians.
Choosing to supplement medical insurance by adding PIP is a decision that is best made after a consultation with a qualified auto insurance agent. During the meeting, an agent like Rick Torres can help answer important questions that give a solid picture of current coverage in all policies, including medical insurance, life insurance, car insurance, and any other plans such as long term disability that might be provided by an employer.
Things to consider include:
- What is the financial risk if you are injured in a traffic accident while you are driving and the injuries require you to be off work?
- How are the bills going to be paid?
- If your family has two incomes, how will the loss, even temporarily, of one of those incomes affect the family?
- How much paid leave time does your employer provide? How much time do you have on the books?
- Do you have long term disability coverage? How much of your salary does that cover and for how long?
- What percentage of medical bills, ambulance, and emergency services does your medical insurance pay? For how long?
- What medical expenses are covered by your existing auto policy?
Medical payments coverage helps pay medical and funeral expenses when a covered person, the policyholder, passengers, or a member of the policyholder’s family, is hurt in an auto accident.
For example, if you’re hurt in a motor vehicle accident while riding in someone else’s vehicle, using public transportation, medical payments coverage may help pay your medical expenses.
The additional coverage is relatively inexpensive. After weighing all of the risk factors, a call to Rick Torres’ Solvang State Farm Insurance office can answer questions and get your family insured.
Rick Torres State Farm Insurance Agent
540 Alisal Road, Suite 4
Solvang, CA 93463-2637
This press release is by San Luis Obispo marketing company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446. (805) 226-9890.