State of the North County returns Aug. 28
–The Paso Robles, Atascadero, and Templeton Chambers have come together to bring you the 2019 State of the North County. The program will be held from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m., Aug. 28, at the Paso Robles Inn Ballroom. This informative progress report from community leaders will provide local economic updates specific to our North County businesses and residents with an emphasis on workforce development. We will hear from Mayors Steve Martin of Paso Robles and Heather Moreno of Atascadero along with two keynote speakers, each an expert in their respective field pertaining to workforce development.
Consultant David Shinder will present material drawn from his popular training sessions “How to Grow Your Workforce in a Full Employment Economy.” His presentation will include:
- Strategies for businesses, educators and other stakeholders for recruiting, evaluating and developing workers in today’s increasingly demand-driven labor market.
- The impact of an ever-strengthening economy on methods traditionally used to identify and develop the talent that businesses need.
Josh Williams of BW Research will present an economic analysis of the North County based on research conducted for San Luis Obispo’s Workforce Development Board, which will include:
- An economic, employment and demographic profile of the North County community and its relationship to the larger region.
- An analysis of the industry clusters, job quality and career pathways that drive the regional economy.
- An examination of the issues, opportunities and challenges facing the regional economy and the evolving world of work.
This is sure to be an excellent event you do not want to miss! Tickets are $45 for members and $65 for future members and can be reserved at: https://pasorobleschamber.chambermaster.com/eventregistration/register/9778