Subscribers and website traffic break records for Paso Robles Daily News
The Paso Robles Daily News just broke records for the number of daily subscribers and its volume of website traffic. As of October 1, 2019, website traffic on Paso Robles Daily News exceeded 264,000 monthly pages views, according to WordPress Jetpack Site Stats, similar to Google Analytics. This represents significant growth, up from 189,000 views in February 2019, for the local news site serving Paso Robles, CA, a community of about 30,000 people.
Website traffic is a metric that refers to web users who visit a website. Web traffic is measured in unique users, page views, and visits sometimes called sessions. Pageviews are a common way to measure an online business’s effectiveness at attracting an audience.
In October, Paso Robles Daily News email subscribers surpassed 5,600.
“We are thrilled to see the growth of our online news platform,” says Publisher Scott Brennan. “The number of local readers engaged in the site last month, is more than our entire first 12 months of operation combined. We are so grateful to our readers and hardworking staff for this success.”
“Online media is the single best form of local advertising, Brennan says. “It dominates other media options when it comes to targeting the audience local advertisers desire. It targets high-value demographic households, younger consumers and offers more local impressions than any other media.”
Paso Robles Daily News stats
- Monthly pageviews – 264,595
- Daily email subscribers – 5,654
- Facebook followers – 18,248
- Twitter followers – 4,865
- Instagram followers – 2,401
- Total indexed pages – 19,200
- #1 ranked news site in Paso Robles by Alexa Rank
Paso Robles Daily News traffic sources
- 34% from social media like Facebook and Twitter
- 23% from organic search on Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- 20% from its email subscribers, now over 5,500
- 17% from direct traffic to the URL
- 6% from referral links and other