‘Summer Sign-Up Party’ happening Saturday, May 4
–Paso Robles Recreation Services will host a Super Summer Sign-Up Party on Saturday, May 4 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Centennial Park. This a free community event will offer early swimming lesson registration, one-day only registration discounts for all summer camps and classes (excluding swimming lessons), and special activities for the kids provided by recreation instructors.
Free Super Summer Sign-Up Party activities planned for children and their parents include:
- Face painting with Princess Belle of A Dream Party (10 a.m. until noon)
- A community LEGO build with the creative folks at Play Well Lego Engineering Camps The CaliKids Fitness obstacle course (from 10 a.m. until noon)
- Hands-on science exploration presented by Science Dipity’s Tim Baker
- Yoga story time and mindfulness art activity with Vanessa Orr of YaYa Yoga (10 a.m. until noon)
- Bubble painting and paper bead stringing with the Workshop Mamas
- Make a musical craft with Kindermusik instructor Nancy Knox (10 a.m. until noon)
- The 32 foot inflatable Recreation Services obstacle course
- Paper crafts with local author and artist Beryl Reichenberg
- Kick a goal with the Kidz Love Soccer coaches
- A hypnosis experiment with Art Kuhns of Breaking Day Hypnotherapy
- Learn to make a delicious summer salad dressing with cooking instructor Cristina Mathers
Nelson Zuniga, the City’s pool manager, will also be available during the event to answer aquatics questions and assist parents in selecting the perfect class for their child.
The Paso Robles summer Recreation Guide will be arriving in the city water bill on or around May 1. Packed with recreation choices for youth and adults, this resource-rich guide features every class offered through the city’s Recreation Services. Community members who do not receive a city water bill can contact Recreation Services at (805) 237-3988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the mailing list. View an online version of the summer guide at prcity.com/recreation beginning Wednesday, May 1. This convenient interactive seasonal guide connects readers to class registration and information with one simple click.