Templeton Tennis Ranch opening in February
Templeton will get its first tennis club in February 2015. Templeton Tennis Ranch was originally slated to open this month, but was delayed due to the rain and other construction issues.
“We’re right around the corner,” Templeton Tennis Ranch General Manager and Director of Tennis Roberto Hassey said.
The club will include:
- Six tennis courts: One stadium, four hard and one cushioned
- Four pickleball courts
- Spa bocce ball court
- Putting great
- Third-mile hiking trail
- 10,000-square-foot clubhouse with pro shop, men’s and women’s locker rooms and saunas.
- Fitness center
The facility, located on five acres at 345 Championship Lane in Templeton, will be divided into two phases. Ground broke in June 2013.
“We plan on hosting an annual Open Pro Tournament and an annual pro or former pro exhibition event,” Hassey said, adding that the club will host numerous tennis tournaments. “We will also establish [Templeton Tennis Ranch] as the Central Coast pickleball place to play with its own tournaments and events.”
Hassey said that the club has been in the works for five and a half years, but in talks for about seven years. The owners live in Bakersfield and Templeton. Hassey was the tennis manager, director of tennis and head pro at San Luis Obispo Country Club for 14 years, director of tennis and head pro at South End Racquet and Health Club and an assistant tennis pro at Rancho Verde Racquet Club. He also has a Bachelor of Arts in business administration. Hassey has also conducted international tennis camps for 20 years and was on the coaching staff for Jorge Lozano, who was in the top 50 singles player in the world and top five doubles player in the world.
Hassey noted that the club will have pickleball at its Templeton location, noting that it is “one of the fastest growing sports in the country.”
Templeton Tennis Ranch’s mission is “to promote and encourage the sport of tennis and various recreational activities for all ages, abilities and backgrounds in a high-quality, safe, positive and friendly environment.”
Events and activities will include:
- Tournaments: Junior and adult — club doubles, men’s and women’s
- Mixers: Margarita, men, women and junior
- Camps: Ladies intensive and junior.
- Exchanges: Junior matches, mixed doubles, men’s and women’s
- Variety: Pro exhibition matches, singles ladders, junior pizza match day, CCWTL Women League matches, rating clinics, women’s clinics and parent, junior and mixed doubles get-togethers.
- Other: Pickleball mixers, pickleball tournaments, yoga classes, aerobic classes, pilates classes and toning programs
Full privilege memberships will be available for those 5 years and older; social memberships — swim, fitness and recreational — are open to those 12 and older. For more information about the club, call 805-434-9605 or go to www.ttrtennis.com.