Theme ideas needed for next year’s Mid-State Fair
– The California Mid-State Fair announced this week it is seeking help in the annual theme selection.
“Building upon our success of previous years, we would like to embark on a journey with our mascot, Paso Pete and his trusty sidekick Sierra,” said Mid-State Fair CEO Vivian Robertson. From Paso Pete’s first trip in 2009 into the jungle with, “Take a Ride of the Wild Side,” to this past summer spending time down in the bayou with, “Puttin On The Gritz,” Paso Pete, “has kept his travel journal full of great memories.”
The theme aids the fair in creating new programs, competitions and exhibits, while offering marketing and branding concepts.
Recent themes include:
• 2010 Endless Summer Fun – beach theme
• 2011 Mountains of Fun – mountain/ camping theme
• 2012 Great American Road Trip – Route 66 theme
• 2013 Start Spreading the News – communication theme
• 2014 Discover More – celebration of local area
“The best part of this competition is that there are no bad ideas,” said Robertson. “In the world of fairs, some of the craziest catch phrases have become some of the most effective themes.”
Everyone is encouraged to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries per person. The winning entry will receive two season passes for the 2016 event.
Deadline to enter is Monday, Nov. 9 and entries will be accepted on-line by clicking here.
Ideas can be mailed directly to the fair office at P.O. Box 8, Paso Robles, CA 93447.
The 2016 California Mid-State Fair is set for Wednesday, July 20 – Sunday, July 31, 2016.
For further information,go to www.midstatefair.com or call the main office at (805) 239-0655.