Travel Paso seeking applicants for Community Partnership Program
–Travel Paso is calling for applications for the 2018 Travel Paso Community Partnership Program. They released the following announcement:
Travel Paso would like to thank you for all that you do to enhance the Paso Robles experience for visitors and locals alike! As part of our annual planning process, we are calling for applications for the 2018 Travel Paso Community Partnership Program.
We recognize that forging community partnerships with local cultural, social, and recreational organizations can make significant contributions to the overall quality of life in Paso Robles as well as our ability to market the destination and encourage greater overnight visitation throughout the year. Accordingly, a portion of our annual marketing budget is allocated to our Community Partnership Program.
This program enables us to identify local events, activities and organizations that align with our mission to brand, market and promote Paso Robles as the authentic destination of choice. The organization reaches regional, national and global travelers targeting leisure, family, business and group visitors, resulting in more frequent visitation, longer stays and increased tourism revenue.
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance will again be collaborating with Travel Paso in the 2018 Community Partnership Program. The synergies allow us to maximize reach and reduce duplication of efforts between the two organizations.
We invite you to submit an application to be considered for the 2018 calendar year. We recommend the following factors be considered and included in your application:
• Outline how will you market your event/program to destination travelers outside of the area to support an increase in demand for lodging?
• When is your event/program? Please consider the timing of your event. The goal is to avoid multiple events on the same day and to support initiatives that drive mid-week and multi-night stays.
• How will you use Travel Paso’s marketing channels to promote your event/initiative?
• How can Travel Paso participate in your initiative if goals and resources align?
• How will your program enhance the current visitor experience?
• How will you measurement results to show increases in tourism traffic?
Media Tool Kit
All selected Community Partners are required to submit a media tool kit to Travel Paso 60 days prior to the start their event to ensure marketing collaboration with Travel Paso. This media tool kit must include photo assets to be used on social platforms and email marketing, all social media handles, any event promotional items and key facts about the event. A list of the marketing tools requested will be provided to recipients.
Travel Paso Marketing Resources
Travel Paso has a budget and resources assigned to support community organizations and opportunities that align with the Travel Paso mission. These resources include:
• Promotion of messages through our monthly consumer eBlast communications reaching more than 12,000 people
• Outreach to lodging partners and tourism constituents through our weekly industry eBlast to communicate promotional and partnership opportunities
• Inclusion in the Travel Paso blog
• Mention on our social media platforms
• Additional advertising and marketing opportunities
• In addition to in-kind marketing support, financial support may be available when directly aligned with the goals of the Community Partnership Program
Application Process and Timeline
In submitting an application, we request that you include the following elements to help us evaluate the opportunity for partnership. Please note, we receive a number of requests and unfortunately are not able to accommodate all application requests.
• A cover letter introducing your organization and the program(s) requesting support
• A completed Application Form (available here)
• A summary of past support your organization has received from Travel Paso and the realized results connected to that support
• A description of the program(s)/event(s) requesting support in 2018 – In this description please include the requested level of support (financial and/or inkind marketing) and the associated partner benefits that may apply to the Travel Paso
• An explanation of the anticipated impact of programs requesting support and measures that will be used in evaluating this impact
• November 8, 2017: Applications due by 4 p.m.
• November 2017: Review of applications by Marketing Committee
• December 2017: Review of applications by Board of Directors
• January 2018: Community Partnerships announced at annual Travel Paso Mixer
The submission deadline for Community Partnership Program applications is Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017 by 4 p.m. Please submit your request in PDF format via email to Jennifer Bravo, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests that fall outside of this timeline may be considered on an individual basis if authorized by the Board of Directors.