Two local men arrested for stolen property, other charges
– On Sunday, Paso Robles Police Department officers arrested 32-year-old Humberto Aguilar Lopez of Paso Robles and 32-year-old Manuel Padilla Jr. of San Miguel for felony charges related to receiving stolen property and probation violation. Lopez and Padilla were in possession of a cargo trailer as well as several thousand dollars’ worth of construction tools, according to police.
On Sunday, a police officer was driving through a parking lot along the 2700 block of Black Oak Drive when he observed a 2004 Chevrolet pickup truck and an enclosed utility trailer without proper licensing. The officer ran the vehicles through the Department of Motor Vehicle database and determined the trailer had a stolen license plate affixed.
The officer contacted Lopez and Padilla who were attempting to walk away from the vehicles. The officer determined Padilla was wanted on felony probation for drug charges. The officer also determined the license plate belonged to a trailer reported stolen from the county area of San Luis Obispo. Additionally, the trailer and truck contained in excess of $5,000 worth of stolen construction tools and equipment.
The officer was able to locate the owner of the stolen construction equipment and return the items at the scene. A search of the truck also revealed a small amount of suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Officers are working with the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Department and Auto Theft Task Force to determine whether these suspects are responsible for other thefts around the county.
Officers transported Lopez and Padilla to the SLO County Jail where he was booked on the following charges:
• Possession of Stolen Property – Felony (both Padilla and Lopez)
• Probation Violation (Padilla)
• Possession of a Controlled Substance (to be filed with the District Attorney)
• Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (to be filed with the DA)