Paso Robles News|Sunday, October 22, 2017
You are here: Home » Atascadero » Vegetation fire starts in Atascadero, burns 1.5 acres
  • Follow Us!

Vegetation fire starts in Atascadero, burns 1.5 acres 

On Saturday, May 23 at approximately 3:44 p.m., a vegetation fire started next to a barn located at 8505 San Gabriel in Atascadero. The City of Atascadero Fire Department stated that the cause was believed to be a, “carelessly discarded cigarette.” The fire moved quickly through seasonal grasses and was fanned by seasonal winds. The owner of the property was identified as Ellen Haener Ayres.

Atascadero fire department, Cal Fire, Templeton Fire Department, an ambulance from San Luis Obispo and four Atascadero police units responded to the fire, and were quickly able to contain the fire to approximately 1.5 acres, with no structures damaged. The fire department estimated that it took 20 minutes for the fire to be contained.

The fire department reminds residents that weed abatement is encouraged to prevent large fire growth.

Subscribe to daily news



Join our 4,475 daily email subscribers



Share this post!Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Comments

Add a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.