Wineries: What are your best holiday wines?
Deadline is Nov. 12
The Paso Robles Daily News is working on its fifth annual special series to highlight the best local wines to serve during the holiday season. We are looking for local wineries who would like to be considered for our list of top local wines for the holidays. Several wines will be recommended in multiple categories. The list will be published in the Paso Robles Daily News and the San Luis Obispo County Visitors Guide before Thanksgiving.
We will be tasting whites, rosés, reds, dessert and sparkling wines. Don’t hold back. A good holiday meal can support a bold syrah as much as a lighter zinfandel or pinot noir. The wines will be tasted alongside an assortment of traditional holiday foods like roasted turkey, prime rib, all the fixings, appetizers and traditional desserts.
How to be considered for the top local wines for the holidays
- Select your best holiday wines.
- Drop off one bottle of each at our downtown office.
- Include tasting notes with the retail prices.
- All San Luis Obispo County wineries are invited to participate.
- Deadline: Monday, Nov. 12, sooner is better.
- Publication beings Monday, Nov. 19.
Example of wines recommended
- Best local sparkling wines for the holidays
- Best local rosé wines for the holidays
- Best local white wines for the holidays
- Best local Rhone-style white wines for the holidays
- Best local pinot noir wines for the holidays
- Best local zinfandel and Italian-style wines for the holiday
- Best local cabernet sauvignon and Bordeaux-style wines for the holidays
- Best local Rhone-style red wines for the holidays
- Best local dessert wines for the holidays
The Paso Robles Daily News is located at Access Publishing, 806 9th St., Ste 2D, Paso Robles, CA. (805) 226-5714.