Women in Business Luncheon discusses web ranking, SEO
Local search expert Beth Brennan gives presentation on how to improve web presence
–The Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce Women in Business hosted their monthly luncheon at the Paso Robles Inn Friday. Beth Brennan of Access Publishing, the guest speaker, gave a presentation on how to rank higher in Google search results for keywords important to your business or organization.
The day began with short presentations from representatives from local business The Gifted Basket, and local non-profit CASA. Brennan’s presentation broke down how to improve web ranking into five main points:
- Research: How does your business currently rank? What kinds of keywords should you be using?
- Website optimization: This means things such as appropriately tagging photos, making sure that keywords are in the appropriate place etc… The purpose of website optimization is to clearly express to the Google algorithm what it is that the business is offering.
- Optimize listings: The more places that the business is listed online, the better. Brennan said that some clients at Access Publishing have as many as 600 different citations.
- Create content: As the saying goes, “Content is king,” according to Brennan. Content must have keywords included, and each page on a website should have at least 250 words on it.
- Press releases: These are very effective at creating valuable back-links that will tell Google that your business/website has more authority.
“Beth’s topic is something that every business should consider,” said attendee Jennifer Smith, the executive director of the Paso Robles Children’s Museum. “She gave us so many things today that we can go home and implement ourselves, but improving web ranking can sometimes take a team; it is a lot to tackle for one person. That is where Access Publishing can come in.”
“I am passionate at helping businesses succeed and get new customers,” Brennan says. “Most business owners don’t like to deal with marketing, I like to make it easy for them.”
Brennan began her career in marketing and advertising 15 years ago. In 2006, she and her husband, Scott Brennan, launched Access Publishing to offer local business marketing solutions. In addition to web design and SEO, the company produces the Paso Robles Daily News and the San Luis Obispo County Visitors Guide magazine. She serves on the board of the Paso Robles Children’s Museum. She was Atascadero Rotarian of the year in 2015. She is a graduate of UC Santa Cruz.
If you missed the presentation, you can review the entire SEO presentation slide show here, or call Beth Brennan at (805) 226-9890 for an appointment.
Facebook Comments Plugin Powered byVivacity Infotech Pvt. Ltd.