Help wanted at local company
Lazer Star Lights seeks warehouse supervisor
–Paso Robles based lighting manufacturer Lazer Star Lights is experiencing growth and has an immediate opening for a warehouse supervisor who is detail orientated with logistics and shipping experience who manages materials, equipment, and supplies by directing shipping, receiving, warehousing, and distribution services, and supervising staff and supporting management. An ideal candidate would maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
A warehouse supervisor:
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with company accounting software.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The position requires long periods of standing and lifting and moving items up to 75 LBS as well as operation of equipment such as forklifts, packaging machines and using items such as industrial cutters and hand tools.
Software experience and knowledge in the following is a must:
- UPS software, Worldship
- FedEx software
- Endicia, USPS software
- Freight logistics
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Software knowledge in Sage or Peachtree accounting is a plus
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as well as date available to start to email@example.com.