Local businesses: How are you adjusting during this time to accommodate your customers?
–During this time of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, some local businesses are adjusting their plans to serve customers better and accommodate the needs of social distancing, which is one of the best ways to slow transmission of the virus. Slowing the rate of infection will help “flatten the curve” of new cases, and give health workers more time to adequately treat the sick.
Some companies have accommodations already, for example: Plaza Cleaners of Paso Robles and Atascadero picks up and delivers laundry and dry cleaning; Savon and CVS pharmacies offer delivery; Monochrome Wines in Tin City is offering 1-cent shopping or will have wines packed and ready to pick up at door. Many restaurants already offer free delivery or take out. Some exercise instructors are promising to limit the number of people in group classes to create safer distances between people.
The Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance recently issued guidance to its members regarding the pandemic: Best Practices for Winery Tasting Rooms. These common-sense recommendations could be applied to almost every retail business.
We want to help local businesses get the word out on how they are adapting and being proactive. We will be running news to inform the public of accommodations and encourage the public to patronize local businesses.
What changes are you making to accommodate customers at this time?
- Offer home delivery or free deliveries?
- Limiting the number of people who may participate in classes or offerings?
- Implementing more social distancing practices?
- Taking additional sanitary precautions to make customers more comfortable?
- Changing hours of operation?
- Offering new online options for customers?
- Offering services available by telephone or video conference
Please email the accommodations your business offers and any adjustments you are making: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Paso Robles Daily News and A-Town Daily News always welcome news releases from local businesses, click here for tips on writing and submitting a press release.
- Follow all local COVID-19 coronavirus news updates
- Follow New York Times nationwide tracking of all COVD-19 cases